Find Your ELO
The best place to start your search for a UROP is ELx . Select “Undergraduate Research (UROP)” under “Type” to see all the UROP listings.
While many faculty, labs, and other research groups post UROP opportunities on ELx, not all do. Some projects require direct outreach (“cold-emailing”). Don’t worry! MIT professors expect students to ask about UROPs, and we’ve got you covered with plenty of advice about how to approach faculty members about possible opportunities.
UROP events and workshops are offered throughout the academic year – see https://urop.mit.edu/events/ for details on current offerings.
Watch, Listen, + Read
- Fifty Years of UROP Stories (MIT Technology Review)
- MIT Engineering Student Uses UROP to Navigate COVID19
- Undergraduates Ramp Up Research During Pandemic Diaspora
- MIT Undergraduates Pursue Research Opportunities Through the Pandemic
- Where will the Streets Take You? Data Narratives using the Audit the Streets Database (UROP stories from the Data + Feminism Lab)
- When she’s not analyzing data about her favorite biomolecule, senior Sherry Nyeo focuses on improving the undergraduate experience at MIT.